Clewiston, FL asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Florida

Q: Can I still get some of my children? If there are 6 children 2 adults w/ the ex. I have the extra room now.

We have a total of 5 children but only 4 live with her. We have a written agreement that the children at the age of 13 can decide where they want to be. The ex and her boyfriend work shift work and my 12 year old is raising the other kids. But it’s 5 girls and my youngest boy. My middle girl wants to come live with me but she’s 11 and I’m concerned about my boy behavior. Would I have a chance to get them two?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Unless your parental rights have been terminated you can always return to court to modify timesharing. You must file a motion and explain why you want the change. The legal standard is what is in the best interests of the child. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.