San Antonio, TX asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Family Law and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: My brother's ex wife is trying to extort or blackmail him. What can he do? continued details: jail 3x nowbecausethis

She left him very abruptly and she ended it horribly with not a lot of questions answered. No sit down and discussion about why or anything. Just kicked him out and then cut him off completely. And well my brother being heartbroken and in so much emotional pain wanted answers and explanations. He kept calling her and trying to see her and she would let him go over and talk to him as well. However she had already started dating other men before she left and so as soon as my brother moved out she started having them over to her place the same night and different men every night. This broke my bro even more. Well she would talk to him all day but at night she would have whoever over and then be extremely ugly and rude and then block my brother until the next day when she was alone again. She then proceeded to get a protective order so she could use against him when it was convenient for her. She now tells him he has to give her money n every time he doesn't she goestoreportphonecalls

1 Lawyer Answer
Grant St Julian III
Grant St Julian III
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am not sure of your exact question, but if a protective order has been issued your brother must stay away or risk going to prison. He needs to talk with a criminal defense attorney and a divorce attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.