Chicago, IL asked in Elder Law, Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Illinois

Q: I’m permanently disabled. I need caregiving 10 hrs a week at 54. I survived DV . I then experienced legal abuse. All I d

Was trust my attorney. She did no ERISA discovery or Private, my ex wife hid assets securing my support. My second lawyer w held my ERISA Alt Payee rights before settlement. He used her 1/3 VFI to write settlement. In podt judgement I discovered she had a -250,000 ADB , 1x Desth Benefit decrease 1.75mm to 128,000. My lawyer waiver my Alt payee ERISA Rights in post retirement? The lawyer had me sign a judgment w no USSO? Never told me of proofs and pro cons. My lawyer send my signed Judgement to Defendent lawyer and said file w court. That when they signed and slipped in USSO w end on desth of payer. I’m precluded from LTC . I’ll need a nurse. I wasn’t awarded Long term alimony. What can I do? I might have a malpractice lawyer, I may have to have authorities investigate ADA,ERISA discrimination and abuse. The oppssing counsel did no disclose. I can fil fraud asap or file civil / criminal. I can’t believe my ex was awarded a frothy 3 mm retirement and I have to try and make this work?

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Your issue is too complex for this forum. Take your papers to an experienced family law lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.