Houston, TX asked in Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: Hi,I filed for divorce in Texas and my husband filed a petition. Now I change my mind and do not want divorce.

My husband wants to proceed. what does he have to do that divorce happens and what do I tell the court if or when they give us the court date

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Each and every divorce case is different depending on whether children are involved, what assets the spouses have, what debts they owe, whether spousal support is available, etc. In many instances, it also depends on the county, and sometimes the particular court, where your case is pending.

Your divorce attorney can best answer this question based upon the facts, circumstances, and court assignment of your particular divorce case.

Unless the parties diligently prosecute the divorce, your case may be dismissed for want of prosecution.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.