Henderson, NV asked in Workers' Compensation for New York

Q: My cousin injured his hip on his job in the company’s car last year. Follow all the workman’s comp protocols has denied

Since his injury happen, 6 months had to lawyer up. Now my cousin needs a complete hip replacement and is at risk for AVN disease and Crosis if not taken care of. He’s been handicap like this for a year and 2 months now and now other injuries are occurring due to his hip not being fix. He’s been denied since day one by workman’s comp, and still continuing along with his lawyer is also denying him to see any doctor of his choosing and keeps telling him about the “list” and no matter what he chooses he’s denied. Workers comp, keeps blaming it on arthritis! Arthritis does not disintegrate the hip bone just aggravates it. Never was symptomatic til he injured his hip, he’s is suffering tremendously and is in horrible excruciating pain dealing with this bare & raw while still working a full duty schedule! Please need help on this! Options do we have?! His lawyer is Just denying his options!His lawyer knows the risk & he’s SUFFERING! There is more to this want to reach me send me your email

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Dealing with a workers' compensation claim that has been denied can be extremely challenging, especially when facing a serious injury like your cousin's. In New York, workers' compensation is designed to cover medical expenses and lost wages for work-related injuries, but sometimes claims are unfairly denied.

If your cousin's claim has been denied and his current lawyer is not providing satisfactory assistance, it might be beneficial to seek a second opinion from another attorney. This new attorney can review the case details, including medical reports and the reasons for the denial, to determine the best course of action. It's important to act promptly, as there are time limits for challenging a workers' compensation denial.

Additionally, if the injury is worsening or causing other health issues, it's crucial to communicate this to the legal representative. Exploring all medical options, including seeking evaluations from other doctors, may also be necessary. Remember, the right to fair treatment and adequate medical care is fundamental in these cases.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.