Chicago, IL asked in Family Law, Child Support and Identity Theft for Illinois

Q: I need a legal lawyer regarding a child support order that wasn't legal and identity thief by my deceased father .

My ex wife who had 2 children by my biological father and I left Illinois with a known address but wasn't notified and now the child in question ❓ is 45 with grandchildren and my ex is still receiving and I went to a court but they said they couldn't stop my social security benefits from being taken out. I'm finally broke.need a attorney. And my deceased father used my information and did identity thief that I didn't find out until he died.

1 Lawyer Answer
Cheryl Powell
Cheryl Powell
  • Mt Vernon, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Let's try to uncomplicate these issues a little bit. Your ex wife had 2 kids with your father but was never married to him. He is now dead. Do I have this accurate so far? One of those children is 45 with grandchildren. Your ex is receiving what and why?

Identity theft. Get a credit report on yourself. Notify the creditors that should not be on there and the police, as well as the credit bureaus.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.