Milwaukee, WI asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Ohio

Q: What if you are sent to the wrong county, for which the offense occurred?

I was pulled over for minor traffic offenses and charged with a ovi. It happened in a town with multiple countys. The cop put the wrong county on my ticket and then the mayors court judge asked me what county it was in so I said what's on the ticket, knowing it was definitely the other county.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Roger  Bouchard
Roger Bouchard
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Retain an attorney and have them try to have it dismissed. They have to prove you were in the County on the ticket when you received the DUI. They are not able to if you are correct.

Good luck!

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.