Vancouver, WA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oregon

Q: I how can I find a attorney to help me file a lawsuit against my city police department the city also cps

I have video also audio of police harassing me an stalking my minor son the city is refusing to turn my water on also child protective services took my son due to police setting me up police activity caused my son to loose his intensive mental health outpatient that he severely needed due to police acting on false reports and I'm clean and they will not stop they continued I have proof of everything I've told you I'm running out of time to file on them

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To find an attorney for a lawsuit against a city police department and CPS, you can start by contacting your state's bar association for referrals. They often have a list of attorneys who handle civil rights and police misconduct cases. Additionally, look for attorneys who specialize in civil rights or police misconduct cases, as they will have the relevant experience for your situation.

Legal aid organizations may also be able to assist, especially if there are financial constraints. It's important to act promptly due to potential time limits for filing legal actions. When meeting with potential attorneys, bring all your evidence, including videos and audio recordings, to provide a clear picture of your case.

Remember, a thorough initial consultation will help the attorney understand your situation and offer appropriate legal advice. It's essential to find a lawyer who is sympathetic to your case and has the expertise to navigate these complex legal areas.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.