Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Oregon Municipal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Banking, Municipal Law and Probate for Oregon on
Q: After losing my dad last year I have not been able to access money he left cause the bank wants more information

I provided my soc.


And other bank account

Offered my birth certificate

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 5, 2024

I'm sorry for the frustration this situation must be causing on top of grieving your father's loss. The bank likely has certain procedural requirements they are obligated to follow before releasing funds, but there may still be some things you can do here:

- Request a written list...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: I how can I find a attorney to help me file a lawsuit against my city police department the city also cps

I have video also audio of police harassing me an stalking my minor son the city is refusing to turn my water on also child protective services took my son due to police setting me up police activity caused my son to loose his intensive mental health outpatient that he severely needed due to police... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 15, 2023

To find an attorney for a lawsuit against a city police department and CPS, you can start by contacting your state's bar association for referrals. They often have a list of attorneys who handle civil rights and police misconduct cases. Additionally, look for attorneys who specialize in civil... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Can I obtain a restraining order against my neighbor?

A land use issue was recently judged against my neighbor. My neighbor is angry with me regarding this issue. I thought this matter would be done. Now my neighbor is setting up a lounge chair and staring at us and our home. The neighbor doesn't say much. This is our neighbor's attempt to... View More

Todd B. Kotler
Todd B. Kotler
answered on Jul 18, 2023

I recommend reading your state's protection order statute. If it is anything like Ohio's you will not be successful. According to you your neighbor is staring at you and your home. "The neighbor doesn't say much. " In my experience you would need to be able to... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Landlord - Tenant, Small Claims and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Should I have sue my landlord or my neighbor?

I live in an apartment complex. I am looking to file a claim at the Small Claims Court against my landlord/property manager for failing to stop my neighbor's dog from barking after more than 4 months. The dog barks almost daily and over 90% of the time it barks from over 10 minutes to as long... View More

Gregory L Abbott
Gregory L Abbott
answered on Feb 2, 2023

You don't say but I am guessing that your neighbor is also a tenant of the same landlord? If so, if you have set it up properly, you can sue the landlord for breaching their duty to provide you with quiet enjoyment of your tenancy. You can also, and should, report the noise problem to... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Education Law, Landlord - Tenant and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Can i sue my university for lack of AC if the heat gets over 98 degrees?

I live in portland oregon where the law is that landlords have to allow ac units in the summer as long as it doesnt damage the building, but my college is claiming that the power needed by a small portable ac unit is too much and threatening to seize my ac! ive had it on for about a month straight... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Aug 29, 2023

An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for several weeks. At this point, you may have resolved the issue. But if not, an option is to reach out to a landlord-tenant attorney - that is one of the categories on this forum, although it wasn't selected for this post.... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Admiralty / Maritime, Juvenile Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal to dissipate ones assets and terminate ones parental rights and operate during the COVID 19 state shut down?

Is it legal or even right to dissipate a biological parent (the mothers) ; her assets; My funds, my right to be a human-do things like vote, make medical decisions, or be an ABLE body of my own? While under terms of the state shut down,from being a created parent which of whom was not approved of... View More

Tom Evans
Tom Evans
answered on Aug 8, 2021

Sorry, but your question should be directed to a fanily law or domestic relations attorney.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: I'm having a hard time finding a list of contaminates that my City must test our ground water for and how often for each

I am trying to decipher our CCR, and I don't think that our City is testing for everything it needs, and it seems to be missing some information. I need to know if the Health Effects Language must be included or is just the likely source of contamination sufficent and what contaminates need... View More

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jul 10, 2021

An Oregon attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a week. A starting point could be environmental agencies and public health agencies in Oregon. On the federal level, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency oversees environmental law, but nationwide, state departments of... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: Is it legal for a court to not have any working phone lines? Asking for grounds for a law suit.

A court an hour and a half from me that I have a debt with lists three different phone numbers to call them at but all three numbers when called say either "your call cannot be completed at this time" or "this number has been disconnected". I can't take time off work to... View More

Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
answered on Aug 13, 2018

Be careful.

That sounds like a typical scam.

Read up on them,

There cannot be a contempt of court without a judgment

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Municipal Law for Oregon on
Q: my daughter is around someone who cannot have her own kids or be around them alone, what can i do?

My daughters dad took her and went to Alaska without my knowing or my okay, and now he has her around someone who they are living with.. this person cannot be around kids alone nor can she have custody of her own children. What can i do to get her some safe and faster then waiting for a court date.... View More

Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
answered on Jun 21, 2017

You don't say if there is already a court order awarding you custody or establishing parenting time. You also don't tell us what the dates are for all these changes. You will have to get this in front of a court somewhere to establish custody and parenting time or to enforce and order... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law and Business Law for Oregon on
Q: I was cited PERSONALLY for a broken sidewalk at a property that I am developing. I'm just the owning LLC's Manager...

I appeared and said "I am not the owner". The Judge asked for a copy of the LLC that shows in the public record/county tax roles as the "owner of record". I complied with that request at the next hearing date. That LLC document lists a trust that owns the LLC's member... View More

Mr. Michael O. Stevens
Mr. Michael O. Stevens
answered on May 23, 2016

You would take all the documents to court at the trial and provide them to the judge (they are not going to make copies, so it will not become part of some permanent file). Cite to the language of the code you were cited for and demonstrate you were not the owner. I would also obtain copies of the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.