Detroit, MI asked in Civil Rights, Landlord - Tenant and Libel & Slander for Kentucky

Q: My roommate works with are case workers and the housing program we are in. They are covering for him. They also did not

So my roommate has been lockung me out from using the unity room. I can not wash or dry clothes. He's made false statements about me. He's been agressive towards me since I caught him replacing the kitchen stove at 11pm one night . He got up in my face after I asked if he had premission to do this . He keeps repeating it's my job , it's my job . We are both living in a housing program . He seems to be working gor them and most likely under the table .He started stealing my food right after that and every time after that when he felt displeased with Me. He tried slapping my cell out of my hand once he realized I was recording his agressive behavior .Note I've not actually rec his face .. I've told my case work about everything he's done I. That's what I was advised to do by a police officer I talked too .I did not get a report fed that day of yet . My case worker and his are his coworkers if what he says is true .what can I do to protect myself from them covering for him ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: You should find new living arrangements and a new roommate. These issues never resolve well.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.