West Blocton, AL asked in Traffic Tickets, Civil Rights and Municipal Law for Alabama

Q: I got a child restraint ticket almost a year ago but haven’t received any notification of court dates and have an fta

How do I go about getting the warrant cleared and fix all of my issues with notifications not being served.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It seems like you're facing some issues with a child restraint ticket and a failure to appear (FTA) notice. To address this situation, the first step is to contact the court or the relevant municipal office in West Blocton, AL. Explain your situation and inquire about the status of your case, including any upcoming court dates.

When speaking with them, be polite and respectful, as this can help resolve your issue more effectively. If you haven't received notifications about your court dates, make sure your contact information on file with the court is up to date. They may be able to provide you with information on how to clear the FTA and possibly reschedule your court date if necessary.

It's also a good idea to consult with an attorney who practices in Alabama traffic law, as they can provide guidance on the best course of action to resolve your specific case. They can assist you in navigating the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the process.

In summary, reach out to the court or municipal office, update your contact information, and consider seeking legal advice to help clear the warrant and address the child restraint ticket issue. This should help you move forward in resolving your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.