Morgan Hill, CA asked in Foreclosure for California

Q: Do I have any right on my house foreclosure 30 years ago without received any letters from lender ?

30 years ago my house been foreclosure which was rented and I was living in different town for my work , and i never received any notification about foreclosure, address is 14796 Briana street Moreno valley CA.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, the statute of limitations for challenging a foreclosure based on lack of notice is generally limited. After 30 years, it's highly unlikely that you have any legal recourse regarding the foreclosure. California law requires lenders to provide notice of foreclosure, but if you were living at a different address and did not update your contact information with the lender, this could complicate the situation. Additionally, over such a long period, records may no longer be available, and the property likely has gone through multiple subsequent transactions.

It's important to note that real estate and foreclosure laws are complex and can vary based on specific circumstances. If you believe there was a significant legal error in your case, you might consider consulting with an attorney to review the details. However, be prepared for the possibility that too much time has elapsed for any legal action to be effective. It's crucial in real estate matters to ensure that all contact information with lenders and related parties is kept current to avoid such issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.