Kiln, MS asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi

Q: I dont care about jugement I'm not leving my home thay putting me and my child on the street homless no I'm not living

I had no lawyer.a d I have a didabilitey my sister knew this and the juge treeted unfarlay allso why couldn't my sister take a buy out I will not be living my home of over 15 years the juge by force fine it will be in a boddey bag

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: If you are facing eviction from your home in Mississippi and feel the judgment was unfair, especially given your disability and lack of legal representation, there are steps you can take. First, consider filing for an appeal if you believe the judge's decision was not in accordance with the law or if your disability was not adequately considered in the proceedings.

In the meantime, reach out to local legal aid organizations. They often provide assistance to individuals with disabilities and those facing housing issues. They can offer guidance and possibly legal representation to help you navigate this situation.

You should also explore if there are any local or state resources for individuals with disabilities facing housing crises. These organizations can sometimes provide emergency assistance or intervention in legal matters related to housing.

Expressing your willingness to find a resolution, like a buy-out or other settlement with your sister, is a constructive approach. However, it's important to communicate this through proper legal channels.

It's crucial to understand that remaining in the home against a court order can lead to legal complications. Seeking legal advice as soon as possible is important to explore all available options and find the best course of action.

Your situation is challenging, but taking these steps can help in finding a resolution that considers your needs and legal rights. Remember, there are resources and organizations that can assist you during this difficult time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.