Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Mississippi Uncategorized Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: I have never been to jail this is my first time robbery how much jail time

Arthur Calderon answered on Jan 3, 2019

With this being regular robbery (without a deadly weapon), the max time that you are looking at is 15 years in MDOC custody. The bad thing, though, is that robbery, even without a deadly weapon, is considered a violent crime, which means that whatever sentence you get would be a day-for-day... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: Is it legal to remove a legally parked car from a mall parking space? Couldn't crank it over the past 1.5 weeks.

Parked in space for around 10 days at Promenade Mall D'Iberville, Mississippi 39540.

Arthur Calderon answered on Mar 7, 2018

Generally, yes. In this case, the mall is considered private property, and the lengthy stay of the car may warrant its removal from the premises.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: I've been in a relationship with my kids dad for 14 years, we just recently found out he is still married? What are my

What are my options since we've been together 14 years?

We never married. LOUISIANA does not recognize common law marriage

Paul Stanko answered on Oct 1, 2016

Well, the good news is your kid's dad is not a bigamist. If he does get divorced, then he will be free to marry you. You can choose to continue your affair with him or not; you can also seek child support from him if you do split.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: My friend has moved out of his house. he has not paid on his note in a long time. with his permission can i

Get things he left

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 8, 2015

What are you asking? Are the things you want to get secured? You asked this a year ago. Did you get his permission?

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: Does my helmet have to be DOT approved ,or can I wear my novelty helmet

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 28, 2015

Why ask an attorney to do extensive research when you can simply ask a cop?

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: Can I file papers to request my seized property back in mississippi

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Oct 26, 2015

Perhaps, consult with a local attorney about this. You did not give enough facts here and need a full discussion with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Uncategorized for Mississippi on

Q: Does mississippi have a repo reinstatement law

Robert Jason De Groot answered on Aug 19, 2015

What do you mean by repo reinstatement? Normally, when a car is repossessed, the owner can pay the entire amount due to get the car back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.