Homestead, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Establishing paternity case. If I was never married to ex is it still mandatory to provide long form financial affidavit

I have already provided, Credit card, Bank statements, W2s But my lawyer is also asking for a credit report. Everything I read on. This law states that it pertains to divorce or dissolution of marriage.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Because a paternity case involves child support a financial affidavit is required. Long or short form depends on your level of income.

Destardes Moore
Destardes Moore
  • Jacksonville, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: A financial affidavit is required in paternity cases. The long form financial affidavit is required if your individual gross income is $50,000 or more per year. If your gross income is less than $50,000, you can use the short form financial affidavit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.