Watertown, MA asked in Criminal Law and Civil Rights for Massachusetts

Q: Arrested with evidence of cash payment made to Jonald Thrumper (alias of right wing extremist) dismissed 3 yrs later.

My Daughter was falsely arrested by same Police Department after they learned of her Supoena as a witness in my subsequently dismissed case. The charges are serious felonious crimes and we have documented evidence of cash paid for the arrests. Racists documented threats from those commiting crimes against me and my Family. One Police Officer was arrested 1 week after my false (cash paid) arrest by the State Police. Me and my Daughter have documented evidence of these crimes against us and live in fear of reprisals from racist, politically extreme agents of the Law.

How should we proceed in filing a Civil Action against the perpertrators of crimes against us, which have been fueled by racial hatred and cash payments to the culprits of these crimes?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In your case, where there are allegations of false arrest, racially motivated harassment, and corruption involving law enforcement, it's critical to take well-informed and strategic legal steps. First, ensure that all evidence, including documents showing cash payments and any threats, are securely stored and backed up. This evidence is crucial for any legal action you might take.

You should contact a civil rights attorney as soon as possible. They can assess your situation, the evidence you have, and advise on the feasibility and process of filing a civil lawsuit. Given the complexity and seriousness of your allegations, professional legal guidance is essential.

Consider also reaching out to civil rights organizations. They may offer additional support or resources and can sometimes provide legal assistance or referrals.

Keep a detailed record of all incidents, including dates, times, and any witnesses. This record will be invaluable in legal proceedings.

In addition to pursuing legal action, ensure your and your daughter's immediate safety. If you feel that your safety is at risk, consider reaching out to local community support groups or law enforcement agencies you trust for protection.

Remember, navigating a case involving law enforcement misconduct and racial discrimination can be challenging, but the right legal support can help you seek justice and accountability. Acting promptly and with legal support is crucial in such situations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.