Asked in Probate for Nevada

Q: How do I file a request for special notice in a probate case in Nevada without a lawyer?

My brother is the Administrator in my parents estate in Nevada. He isn't including me in anything. I would like to file a special notice request but do not have a lawyer. How do I go about it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Filing a request for special notice in a Nevada probate case without a lawyer is feasible but requires careful navigation. Begin by gathering case information, such as the case number and jurisdiction, from your brother or the court clerk's office. Obtain the "Request for Special Notice (Probate)" form (DE-154) from the Nevada Judiciary website and carefully follow the instructions. Clearly articulate your reasons for the request, emphasizing your status as an interested person and any concerns about your brother's administration of the estate. Complete the form accurately, including your name, address, relationship to the deceased, and specific types of notices requested. File the form with the court clerk's office, keeping a copy for your records. Additionally, consider discussing concerns with your brother and exploring mediation before taking legal action, and practice patience as probate proceedings unfold.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.