Randallstown, MD asked in Child Support and Family Law for Maryland

Q: Can child care portion of payment be paid directly to child care?

Child’s mother only put child in daycare right before hearing to make child support payment higher. Afraid she will take child out of daycare after hearing.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: The court can order that the child care portion of child support be paid directly to the daycare provider. This is called an income withholding order for child care expenses. The income withholding order will direct the non-custodial parent's employer to withhold a portion of their wages and send it directly to the daycare provider. This can help to ensure that the child continues to receive the care they need, even if the non-custodial parent is not providing the child support payments directly to the custodial parent.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.