Elko, NV asked in Real Estate Law for Nevada

Q: My boyfriend and i have property and a manufactured home in both our names as JTWROS. What are my rights?

He purchased home and property in 2020. I was NOT on deed or title to home until August 2022. We both lived in the house on the property since December of 2022, until one month ago. We are not together. I want the $77,000 i put into having the house put on the property. I paid for a large wraparound deck plus a large carport that were built. I can’t live there with him and I just want my investment returned. He has been delinquent on the property and personal taxes for three years and the county has leined the property. Can I do anything to get my money back???

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: A Sale For Partition Action might help if there is significant equity in the property. Otherwise you wait until he wants to sell and then collect. Have a NV attorney search the title and confirm the latter options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.