Riverdale Park, MD asked in DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: For admin pe se refusal suspend indefinite on 3/19/21 do I need a lawyer didn't refuse blew

Have not received a court summons as of yet no infractions since then. Don't see DUI in case search

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: First, you should have a lawyer for a DUI. Judges take these cases very seriously especially for a refusal. It is a 12 point ticket that carries a year jail plus possible enhanced penalties for a refusal.

Second, the trial date would definitely have occurred by now for a 2021 ticket. It has been more than 2 1/2 years. Search by citation number in case they spelled your name wrong.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.