Riverdale Park, MD asked in DUI / DWI for Maryland

Q: What to with a admin pe se refusal suspension. I didn't refuse to blow it's been a over year no court letter I no drivin

Have driven for 3 years car broke don't no infractions. Been paying bills don't understand

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: If you refused, it is a 270 day suspension for a first refusal and a 2 year suspension for a second refusal. The suspension begins the 46th day after your arrest. When the suspension is over, you must go to the MVA to get reinstated. Your driving record will tell you if you are eligible for reinstatement.

If you filed for a hearing or elected the ignition interlock for one year, you may be able to avoid a suspension.

In addition, you face the DUI charges in court. If you have not received a court date, check Maryland Judiciary Case Search to see if you missed a court date. If you did miss the court date, there will be a warrant. An attorney can probably get the warrant recalled and your case set for trial.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.