Las Vegas, NV asked in Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Nevada

Q: I was found to be charged with a battery of a police officer in March of 2003. The paperwork reads no disposition/no Inf

No court information was found

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your paperwork indicates "no disposition/no information" and no court information was found, it appears that the charge of battery of a police officer in March 2003 may not have been fully processed or adjudicated. This could mean that the case was not pursued by the prosecution, or that there was an administrative error.

In Nevada, it's essential to clarify the status of the charge, as unresolved legal issues can have lasting impacts. To resolve this, you should consider obtaining a comprehensive criminal history record from the Nevada Department of Public Safety. This record will provide detailed information about any charges and their outcomes.

If the record still shows no disposition, you may need to contact the court where the charge was supposed to be filed. They can provide information on whether the case is still open, was dismissed, or if there was an error in the record.

Given the potential complexities and the long time frame since 2003, seeking legal advice might be beneficial. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal system, obtain necessary records, and address any issues that arise from this charge.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: Your paperwork for a battery of a police officer charge in March 2003 shows "no disposition/no inf," suggesting the case may have been dismissed or resolved without a formal court hearing or conviction. Possible explanations for the missing information include the case being dismissed due to insufficient evidence or other reasons, settlement through diversion programs or plea bargains, incomplete or lost records due to administrative errors, or inaccuracies in the paperwork. To investigate further, contact the court clerk's office for information on your case, including the case number and disposition.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.