Cleveland, OH asked in Divorce and Child Custody for Florida

Q: How to deal with an ex that used to be an attorney and parenting time conflicts.

Below is our parenting time for the upcoming holiday:

The Father shall have the first half of the ·winter break in even years, which shall include Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The Mother shall have the second half of winter break in even years, which shall include New Years Eve and New Years' Day. The Mother shall have the first half of winter break in odd years, and the Father shall have the second half in odd years. The parties shall count weekends in determining the division of overnights in winter break. lf there is an odd number of overnights in winter break, the parent with the second half of winter break ·will have the extra overnight The exchange on winter break shall occur at 9am.

Winter break starts Dec. 20 and the first day back to school is January 8.

I am the mother, so I have the first half. Am I correct in that my ex would get our child on December 29th?

He's saying he gets our child on Dec. 26th.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Yes, 12-29 is the trade day based on what you shared.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.