Quincy, MA asked in Traffic Tickets for Massachusetts

Q: NRS 484B.400 – Making an Improper Turn – Made Left Got a citation and fault is on me. what options i got. New Driver

NRS 484B.400 – Making an Improper Turn – Made left tirn from a straight lane and a truck hit me

Got a citation and fault is on me. what options i got. New Driver

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lissa McKinney
Lissa McKinney
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Acton, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: Sorry this happened to you so soon after getting your license. Your options are spelled out on the back of the ticket. You wll want to make a clear, darkened legible copy in case you see a lawyer. Sign it and put in to go to a clerk's hearing. The hearing is a 2 step process. First whether you committed the infraction, and 2d whether the clerk will consider a different remedy for the ticket. If you simply pay it you will get assessed points for the infraction, points based on the cost of the MV repairs, and if you are under 21 or under 18 there can be other consequences relative to your license. Tickets implicate many considerations: sometimes they are criminal case applications; they always result in registry action, and they usually will have an insurance surcharge/premium increase attached to it. It would be my strong reccommendation that you have a lawyer involved to obtain the best possible outcome considering all that is at stake!

Lissa McKinney


1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.