Baton Rouge, LA asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Health Care Law and Public Benefits for Louisiana

Q: What kind of lawyer do I need to sue a state health agencies for retaliation?

The state agencies responsible for oversight and administration of the medicaid waiver my son receives refuse to allow me to chose a different freedom of choice provider, have come up with different ways to block my son from receiving any services, and even made a false report to CPS about me after I wrote multiple complaints about no services available, billing for services not rendered, neglectful care, insufficient documentation, workers with criminal records, and case managers failing to report fraud and neglect.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Louisiana attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. A starting point could be to check with attorneys who deal with health insurance matters. They should be able to advise more definitively "yes" or "no" whether they handle something of this nature after a quick discussion. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.