Louisiana Health Care Law Questions & Answers

Q: My husband recently passed away from going into anafalatic shock none of the first responders had an epipen

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death for Louisiana on
Answered on Oct 2, 2018
Peter N. Munsing's answer
I suggest you consult a member of the Louisiana Trial Lawyers Assn in the Parrish where it happened. They give free consults.

Q: My son is 16 will he lose his Medicaid if I drop the child support case.

2 Answers | Asked in Child Support and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Sep 12, 2018
Douglas Lee Bryan's answer
I'm not sure of your question. Your statement is probably true.

Q: Can my commander make me cancel a medical appointment for field training?

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Aug 10, 2018
Douglas Lee Bryan's answer
Because your question deals with the military, I would suggest you speak with someone in the JAG office.

Q: Has my minor childs Hippa Rights been breached or violated ?,

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Sep 1, 2017
Peter N. Munsing's answer
Unlikely under the facts but even if they were it's problematic legally as there is no remedy for the person in the Privacy Act!

Q: a dentist at a dental school shared my medical information with a co worker I lost my job , what attorney ??

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Mar 3, 2017
Douglas Lee Bryan's answer
I am licensed only in Louisiana, but under Louisiana law, this would fall within the realm of malpractice. I would suggest you start by contacting an attorney that handles medical malpractice matters. Good luck.

Q: My step son that I have raised since he was 9 years old. Now 30 years old is in a medically induced coma.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Estate Planning and Health Care Law for Louisiana on
Answered on Sep 4, 2016
Robert Martin Louque Jr's answer
I am very sorry for your step son's situation. Unfortunately, it is too late to consider a "medical power of attorney." A medical power of attorney is something you set up to deal with this situation before it happens. Given your step sons age, I am assuming this was not anticipated and he probably did not think he would ever need someone else making medical decisions for him because he was incapacitated. Since he was likely silent on who should make medical decisions on his behalf,...

Q: Is it required by law for an HIV positive person to disclose their status when giving massages to the general public?

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law, Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Personal Injury for Louisiana on
Answered on Jul 23, 2016
Peter N. Munsing's answer
As it normally wouldn't be likely to result in transmission I don't think so--why not contact the board in Louisiana who licenses masseurs or whatever this person was.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.