Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Louisiana Public Benefits Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Louisiana on
Q: Does this include a public sidewalk after leaving the vicinity of the before mentioned property?

Did not enter nor try to enter private owned business after being told not to. Stepped out of vicinity of said building (bar) unto public sidewalk and was told to exit (public sidewalk).

Was then told said person was in violation of remainder after forbidden. When person asked what that... Read more »

Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
answered on Apr 28, 2022

No it does not. Hire a criminal lawyer

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits and Land Use & Zoning for Louisiana on
Q: My HOA sent a letter stating a fence must be erected however my fence was destroyed due Hurricane Laura what can i do

We’re going to erect a fence but repairs are still in progress. However the restrictive covenants was sent stating the restrictions may be enforced by mandatory and prohibitory injunctions by any owner whose land is affected by the restrictions

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Mar 1, 2022

If possible, I would suggest that you hire an attorney to act on your behalf to contact the Board or property management company and explain your situation (which they are most likely aware) and a timeline for you to have the fence erected and see if this resolves things. Your attorney would also... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Public Benefits for Louisiana on
Q: I would like to request a hearing in Calcasieu Parish to be heard in court with all involved present.

What forms must we file? The decision was rendered and signed December 22, 2021. the Judge informed us of this right on the day of the hearing. How much time do we have to complete these forms?

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on Dec 31, 2021

Not enough information has been provided to answer this question, however there are usually strict deadlines in which you have to file and/or appeal something and as such, you need to immediately consult with an attorney so that you can obtain the specific advice you are seeking from this forum.

Q: If I get a flat from a pothole can I sue or have the state pay for my tire?

I hit a small, but SUPER deep pothole on a sharp corner where it was unavoidable and got a flat tire due to hitting it. Can I get the city to pay for the tire or sue for the money?

Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
answered on May 6, 2021

If you can provide that the pothole was unreasonably dangerous and/or defective to a reasonable prudent person, and that the custodian of the pothole knew and or should have known of this condition, then yes. Among the first things you should do is either consult an attorney to represent you on... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Public Benefits for Louisiana on
Q: I just want to be certain about this, can you receive snap benefits in Louisiana if you have prior drug convictions?
J. Heath Dillon
J. Heath Dillon
answered on Oct 18, 2020

In Louisiana, a person with a felony conviction for drug use/possession is ineligible for SNAP benefits for a period of one year after the completion of any sentence imposed as a result of such conviction.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Public Benefits for Louisiana on
Q: Can my citizen children and I receive Medicaid even though my husband is a a green card holder with a sponsor?

My overstay immigrant husband will soon be applying for his green card and we are using my sister to sponsor him on the i864. He is our sole financial provider, I am unemployed, and we always file taxes jointly. I understand that he is restricted from receiving means tested benefits, but does that... Read more »

Hector E. Quiroga
Hector E. Quiroga
answered on Nov 21, 2017

US citizens are eligible for means tested public benefits, even if they are married to someone who is undocumented.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.