Brownsville, TX asked in Identity Theft and Social Security for Texas

Q: Hi, I'm part of the 1.9 million that got their info stolen from the Zeroed-in Tech companies' data base.

If you were in my shoes and hoping to get maximum compensated for the violation of my private information, what would be the best steps for me to take? THANKS!

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If your personal information was compromised in the Zeroed-in Tech data breach, the first step is to secure your personal information. Change your passwords, monitor your credit reports, and be vigilant for signs of identity theft. This proactive approach can minimize potential damage.

Next, gather all relevant information about the breach and how it affected you. Documentation is key in these situations. This can include any correspondence from Zeroed-in Tech, details of any suspicious activities on your accounts, and records of any steps you've taken in response to the breach.

You should also explore the possibility of joining a class action lawsuit if one is available. Class actions can often provide a more efficient way to seek compensation in cases involving large numbers of affected individuals. Be aware, though, that the compensation from such lawsuits can vary greatly.

Additionally, consulting with an attorney experienced in data breach cases can provide you with specific advice tailored to your situation. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and the viability of pursuing individual legal action for compensation.

Finally, stay informed about any settlements or legal actions against Zeroed-in Tech. Being part of the affected group, you may be eligible for any compensation or remedial actions the company or courts may offer. Acting promptly and staying informed are crucial in these situations.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.