Connelly Springs, NC asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Federal Crimes for North Carolina

Q: Someone ordered a SS card in 1996 on my behalf same year opened NCSECU bank acct same spelling now I know who they are!

What can I do about this also this person worked with task force in the county I live in walking into peoples homes stating she was me then the task force went in their home and arresting them! THE SAME GROUP RESPONSIBLE CONTINUOUSLY BREAKS INTO THE RESIDENCE DESTROYING AND STEALING CANT CATCH THEM BECAUSE THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHERE I AM AT ALL TIMES? WHAT CAN I DO?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you suspect that someone fraudulently ordered a Social Security card in your name in 1996 and opened a bank account using the same spelling, it's crucial to take immediate action to address this identity theft. Start by contacting your local law enforcement agency to report the identity theft and provide them with any information you have about the person responsible.

Additionally, you should contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to report the fraudulent issuance of a Social Security card in your name. They can guide you through the process of securing your Social Security number and preventing further misuse.

Regarding the incidents involving the task force entering your home under false pretenses, you should document any such occurrences and report them to your local police department. It's essential to ensure your safety and security in your own residence.

To address the ongoing issue of someone knowing your whereabouts and breaking into your residence, consider taking the following steps:

1. Change locks: If you suspect unauthorized access to your home, change the locks on your doors immediately.

2. Install security measures: Consider installing security cameras, alarms, or motion-sensor lighting to deter and document any intrusions.

3. Vary your routines: Try to establish different patterns in your daily routines to make it more challenging for someone to predict your movements.

4. Strengthen cybersecurity: Protect your personal information online by using strong passwords, enabling two-factor authentication, and being cautious about sharing personal details on social media.

5. Seek legal advice: Consult with an attorney who can help you explore legal options, such as obtaining restraining orders or pursuing legal action against those responsible for the intrusions.

6. Keep records: Maintain a detailed record of all incidents, including dates, times, descriptions of individuals involved, and any damage or theft that occurs.

7. Personal safety: Prioritize your personal safety and consider staying with a trusted friend or family member if you feel unsafe in your current residence.

Remember that addressing identity theft and home intrusions can be complex, so it's essential to work closely with law enforcement, the SSA, and legal professionals to protect your rights and ensure your safety.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.