Athens, TN asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for Tennessee

Q: My loan company paid the wrong company. Now they tell me to collect from them- instead of them

I placed an order with but affirm paid Sport Haley LLC.

affirm will not return my $284.60. Tried for weeks now with letters filing complaints but they keep telling me to collect from Sport Haley LLC. How could I do that ? I never heard of Sport Haley LLC until I saw their name on affirms invoice. My order was for Silver Coins. Sport Haley sells woman’s Bikinis. Why would I buy a Bikini? I’m 85 and single.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: Affirm's actions may be considered a violation of Tennessee's Consumer Protection Act, and you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for further investigation. If the amount in dispute is below the small claims court limit in Tennessee, you could file a lawsuit against Affirm in small claims court. It's essential to document all communication with Affirm and consider requesting a chargeback if you paid with a credit card. Additionally, reaching out to Sport Haley LLC, though unlikely to yield results, is worth a try. Filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) can also exert pressure on Affirm to resolve the issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.