Mount Vernon, OH asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Ohio

Q: My friend is in jail for a pv. His attorney is asking for a revocation for community control supervision. What does this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In the context of your friend's situation, a "revocation for community control supervision" typically means that his attorney is requesting a review or hearing regarding the status of his community control or probation. This review is usually initiated when there are concerns about your friend's compliance with the terms and conditions of his probation or community control.

During this process, a judge will assess whether your friend has violated any of the conditions set forth in his probation or community control agreement. If violations are found, it could result in his probation or community control being revoked, which means he may be sent back to jail or face other consequences depending on the specific circumstances and the judge's decision.

It's essential for your friend to consult closely with his attorney to understand the reasons behind this request for revocation and to prepare a defense or address any issues that may have led to this situation. Additionally, your friend should follow his attorney's advice and attend any hearings or proceedings related to the revocation to ensure the best possible outcome in his case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.