Portland, OR asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Personal Injury for Oregon

Q: I'm looking for an attorney who's willing to Represent me in a civil against o d h s and o h p.

I was assigned a second member. I d number the cosmic extensive losses that categorize me in a homeless drug addicted category. Because of that, I was unable to get treatment for AD HD for which I'm disabled. I lost 3 jobs, my credit credibility. And I have all the documentation including them admitting their error.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In Oregon, if you're seeking to pursue a civil case against the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS) and the Oregon Health Plan (OHP), it's important to find an attorney experienced in handling civil rights and personal injury cases, particularly those involving government agencies.

Start by researching attorneys in your area who have experience with similar cases. Many law firms offer free initial consultations, which can be a good opportunity to discuss your case and determine if the attorney is a good fit for you.

When meeting with potential attorneys, be sure to bring all the documentation you have, including any admissions of error by the agencies. This will help the attorney understand your case and assess its strength.

Additionally, consider contacting your local bar association. They often provide referral services and can help you find an attorney with the appropriate experience.

Keep in mind that civil cases against government entities can be complex and challenging. Having an attorney who understands the nuances of these types of cases can be crucial to the success of your claim.

Remember, it's important to act within the legal time limits for filing a lawsuit. Therefore, beginning your search for legal representation as soon as possible is advisable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.