Houston, TX asked in Banking for Texas

Q: Chase and pnc banks stole my inheritance. I inherited JPMorgan securities and a vanguard ira

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Business Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe Chase and PNC banks have mishandled your inherited assets, such as JPMorgan securities and a Vanguard IRA, it's crucial to take immediate action. First, gather all relevant documents, such as the will, trust, account statements, and any communication with the banks. This documentation will be vital in understanding and proving your case.

Next, you should contact the banks directly to clarify the situation. There could be misunderstandings or administrative errors that can be resolved through direct communication. Make sure to keep a record of all correspondences with the banks.

If direct communication does not resolve the issue, consider filing a formal complaint with the relevant regulatory bodies. In the U.S., this could include the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) or the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). These agencies oversee banking operations and can investigate complaints about financial institutions.

It's also advisable to consult with an attorney experienced in inheritance and financial disputes. They can provide legal advice specific to your situation, help you understand your rights, and guide you through the process of potentially recovering your assets.

Remember, acting promptly and keeping detailed records of all interactions and documents will be crucial in addressing this issue effectively. Legal guidance can offer the support and direction needed to navigate this complex situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.