Q: Can I request a civil standby to help reclamation of scammed items on Steam?

Recently, I got scammed on Steam (Valve Corporation) and lost valuable CS2 skins I paid for. The scammer’s account has been trade banned, and thus my scammed items current reside within the scammer's inventory. But Steam Support doesn’t want to restore those scammed items to me. Firstly, can I request a civil standby to facilitate the reclamation of my original scammed items from Steam Support? Secondly, if not, can I start an arbitration with Valve? From an arbitrator’s view, what would be the possibility of getting my items back? Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Call the Treasury Department with all the details. That company is notorious for having their friends present stolen debit cards to them for cash and goods. The operators need to go to jail

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.