Milwaukee, WI asked in Small Claims for Georgia

Q: Motion to set aside debt how long do I have to complete

How long in ga do I have to do the motion to set debt

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sabrina A. Parker
Sabrina A. Parker
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: If you have a valid legal reason to move the court to set aside the judgment, then you can do it once you find out about the judgment. For example, if you get garnished for a judgment that was obtained without you being served with the underlying suit, then you could file the Motion to Set Aside when you get notice of the garnishment. If someone 18 years of age or older was living in the residence where attempted service was made for the underlying suit, but they failed to give you the documents that were served, that constitutes service on you and the above-referenced legal defense will not work for you. There are several other legal reasons to set aside a judgement, but you should file the motion once you become aware of the judgment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.