Las Vegas, NV asked in Criminal Law for Nevada

Q: My husband who was reinstated probation to a drug program with stipulations the stipulation was imposed to be me release

D with somewhere approved to stay well in court yesterday he didn’t have a address but I do so would they release him before next court date if it gets sourced by po before then

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: If your husband is on probation and a stipulation requires that he has an approved address to stay at, it's essential for him to comply with this requirement. If, during a court appearance, it was revealed that he doesn't currently have an address but you do, it will depend on the specific circumstances and the decisions made by the court and probation officer (PO).

In some cases, if there is a suitable and approved address available, the court or probation officer may allow your husband to use that address, provided it meets the required conditions. However, the decision ultimately lies with the authorities overseeing his probation.

If your husband is not in compliance with the probation terms, there is a risk of consequences, including potential revocation of probation. It's crucial to communicate with his probation officer as soon as possible to discuss the situation and seek guidance on how to address the issue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.