Chicago, IL asked in Identity Theft and Civil Rights for Illinois

Q: How to stop family from harassing me off a remote neural monitoring system placed in my body 24/7. Threats, identity etc

Just wondering how to seek real help on people harassing me before I end up doing something to one of them for constantly bothering me 24/7....they stole my identity they kmow my social security number,bank account email, and password, code to things if i get a job amd password noy to be known by anybody me when hired by the manager....they been trying to brainwash me for over a year and a half now and refuse to let them control me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you believe you are a victim of identity theft and harassment, it's crucial to take immediate action. First, report the identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at This website also provides a recovery plan and steps to help protect your identity.

Change all your passwords and secure your bank accounts and other sensitive information. Contact your bank and any other financial institutions to alert them about potential fraud. It's also advisable to check your credit reports for any unauthorized activity.

For the harassment aspect, consider filing a police report. Document any instances of harassment, including dates, times, and the nature of the incidents. This documentation can be valuable if legal action is necessary.

In cases where family members are involved, it can be particularly complex. Consider reaching out to a lawyer who can guide you on how to obtain a restraining order or other legal protections if necessary.

Lastly, if you feel overwhelmed or threatened, don't hesitate to seek support from local resources or organizations dedicated to helping victims of harassment and identity theft. Your safety and wellbeing are of utmost importance. Remember, you are not alone in this, and there are legal avenues available to protect your rights and privacy.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.