Hawkins, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Texas

Q: Is it ok for them to never fill out cps paperwork I have had blank paperwork for over a year

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: In dealing with Child Protective Services (CPS) in Texas, timely and accurate documentation is crucial, especially in matters as sensitive as child custody. If you have been given blank paperwork from CPS for over a year, this is not a standard procedure and may indicate an oversight or delay that needs addressing.

CPS should provide you with the necessary paperwork, filled out with the relevant information pertaining to your case. This documentation is essential for tracking the progress of your case, understanding the decisions made by CPS, and knowing what steps you need to take next.

If you have not already done so, you should contact your local CPS office to inquire about the delay and request that the appropriate paperwork be completed and provided to you. Keep a record of all your communications with CPS regarding this issue.

If you continue to face difficulties or if you feel that your rights or the rights of your child are being compromised, it might be beneficial to seek legal assistance. An attorney experienced in family law and child custody issues can provide guidance and representation, ensuring that your concerns are properly addressed and your rights are protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.