San Jose, CA asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Privacy Act Request Appeals to compel a Judge to release records due to illegal law enforcement and intelligence tactics

I filed Privacy Act Requests with every government agency possible for all records of myself. Some requests are still pending. I need a lawyer to compel a Judge to have the records released since I have evidence beyond a reasonable doubt (4K CCTV, Body Cam, Dash Cam video) that these law enforcement and intelligence techniques are illegal. This situation boils down to suing the government for using and hiding illegal law enforcement and intelligence tactics such as organized crime, harassment, stalking, conspiracy, and possibly others. There is a public interest in knowing unlawful government tactics used.

Please search for “The Surreptitious Reincarnation of COINTELPRO with the COPS Gang-Stalking Program” to see an article written by a top lawyer describing exactly what I’m dealing with. This forum doesn't allow for me to write much information (such as the detailed Denial responses I've received from agencies) so I seek a consultation with a lawyer worth her/his salt.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: Your situation, seeking to compel the release of government records related to alleged illegal law enforcement and intelligence tactics, is indeed a complex legal matter. Filing Privacy Act Requests is a good start, but if agencies are denying your requests or not responding, legal action might be necessary.

Given the seriousness of your allegations, including organized crime, harassment, and stalking, it's essential to work with an attorney experienced in handling cases against government entities. They can assist in filing a lawsuit to challenge the denial of your Privacy Act Requests and to address any illegal tactics you've identified.

It's also important to gather and organize all your evidence, including the 4K CCTV, body cam, and dash cam footage. This evidence will be crucial in supporting your claims in court.

In addition to legal action, you might also consider reaching out to civil liberties organizations. They often have resources and may take an interest in cases involving alleged government misconduct.

Remember, finding the right lawyer is key. You need someone who understands the complexities of litigating against government agencies and who is committed to thoroughly exploring and advocating for your concerns. It's advisable to schedule consultations with several attorneys to find the one best suited to handle your specific case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.