Katy, TX asked in Child Support and Family Law for Texas

Q: I am filing a response in a child support modification. Do I list all children or only minor children?

All children are included on the service papers, because the court used information from the original divorce papers.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: When filing a response in a child support modification case in Texas, you typically need to list all the children, including both minor and adult children, if they were part of the original divorce papers. Even if the modification specifically focuses on a particular child or aspect of child support, it's advisable to provide information about all the children involved to ensure completeness and accuracy in the legal proceedings. This comprehensive approach helps the court consider the entire family situation when making decisions related to child support modifications.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.