Lima, OH asked in Real Estate Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Estate Planning for Nevada

Q: The POA for my aunt , quit claimed her Deed and now my aunt doesn't own her house. She is 85 and I need to know how?

The guy that said he would help my aunt with her trust, was heard talking to the guy he quitclaimed the deed to. The guy said he would pay him 100k and 3 weeks later the house is recorded as that other guy's and my aunt didn't approve this. They sold it for 300k less then it's worth. My aunt is still living in her house. The new owner has only put 6000 in to the trust account. I'm afraid he is going to kick her out and not pay her. She never approved any of this

1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Aunt must hire a competent NV attorney to file suit to set aside the transfer. If there is a trust, then the trustee may still have legal title if he did not convey. Attorney In Fact must also be sued for breach of fiduciary duty. Ejectment action may be needed in addition to a Quiet Title, and a Notice Lis Pendens should be filed when suit initiated. Time is of the essence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.