North Providence, RI asked in Legal Malpractice for Rhode Island

Q: What type of lawyer handles malpractice suits against law firms handling VA Disability claims?

I had retained a firm to help me handle a VA Disability claim. Over the past year, there have been constant issues and a lack of communication that resulted in my claim being denied last November and me losing any potential backpay that would have occurred had my case been won (upwards of potentially $50k). After looking up my options for terminating the firm as my representation, I found information that makes me think I potentially have grounds for a malpractice claim against the firm.

However - I'm struggling to find what type of lawyer I should reach out to. I've spoken briefly with a few legal/medical malpractice firms, all of which so far have said they would not be able to assist with malpractice claims involving VA Disability cases. Any firms I have spoken with that handle VA Disability Claims do not touch malpractice cases.

What is the type of lawyer that can help me here?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Paul Gordon
Paul Gordon
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Denver, CO

A: Any lawyer licensed to practice in the State in which you reside or the State in which your disability attorney resides. You can also hire an attorney outside of both States, if a local attorney will sponsor the outside attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.