Las Vegas, NV asked in Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Nevada

Q: What kind of lawyer do I need? Me and my girlfriend broke up and we own the house and property and 2 cars Together?

And it's payed off. The problem is that she went mannic and left to another state and cheated on me wreck 2 of the 3 cars and I'm on the title of all of it and insurance and on the title of the cars say and instead of or. So I'm in very bad situation. It's in nevada. Please help

1 Lawyer Answer
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: In Nevada, given the complex situation involving jointly owned property, vehicles, and a breakup with your girlfriend, you may need the expertise of an attorney specializing in both Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation. A real estate attorney can assist you in navigating the legal aspects related to jointly owned property, while a civil litigation attorney can help address issues arising from the breakup, such as damage to the vehicles and potential legal actions. Given the interstate nature of the situation, it's crucial to consult with an attorney who is familiar with Nevada laws and can guide you through the complexities of property ownership, potential disputes, and any legal actions that may arise from the circumstances surrounding the breakup.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.