Los Angeles, CA asked in Family Law for Nevada

Q: If i move out of state while pregnant to deliver in another state is this seen as frustrating the relationship w/ father

The father has said he doesn't want anything to do with the child and also says he wants full custody. He has not been involved during pregnancy or offered any support after birth. He has asked me not to contact him until after birth. I plan to move when 6 months pregnant and deliver in another state. I have planned to take care of the child on my own and move to another state to be with family where i have better resources available. Will this be considered frustrating the relationship with the father?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bonnie M Lonardo
Bonnie M Lonardo
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: legally speaking, you are able to move out state while pregnant. During pregnancy Nevada does not have custody over the child. Custody jurisdiction will be established where the child is born.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.