Kaufman, TX asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: I went to my local dentist to have my temporary crown taken off and replaced with my new crown two months ago. The dent

The dental hygienist that worked on me used metal players to supposedly remove the temporary crown. Pulling downward as hard as she could it wouldn’t come off. At least on three attempts the metal plyers slipped and hit my bottom teeth hurting me each time. I asked her are you sure you are working on the right tooth? She said she was. Finally, she went and got the dentist. She easily pulled out the temporary crown that was on the other side. I was furious. I told her what happened and that she hurt me by banging the pliers on my bottom teeth. Now two months later, one of those teeth chipped. I think she cracked it with her pliers. The dentist should have X-rayed me checking for possible damage. I feel they were both negligent and have created some damage. Do I have a case against them?

1 Lawyer Answer
Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV

A: You do have a potential case.

Medical malpractice means that a dentist violated the standard of care. A bad outcome is not enough. Another dentist would be needed to evaluate what the dentist did. What occurred here appears to be malpractice.

Due to the nature of dentist malpractice cases, the extent of the injuries may affect the viability of your case. Consult with experienced Malpractice attorneys in the state where this occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.