Citra, FL asked in Divorce, Family Law, Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Florida

Q: What do we do about residency and time-sharing while we are in the middle of a divorce?

My spouse served me with divorce papers after I put a temporary injunction on them. Currently I am occupying the marital home and have full time-sharing/custody of the children (due to temporary injunction). If I voluntarily dismiss the temporary injunction, will my spouse be able to come/go from the marital home as they please and have access to our children as they please? Even though we are in the middle of a divorce and have not settled on who gets the house and time-sharing/custody of the children?

1 Lawyer Answer
Rand Scott Lieber
Rand Scott Lieber pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You need to address these issues with the judge that is handling your divorce case. If there are no court orders to the contrary than you continue to share the children and the house. Speak with a local family lawyer for more specific advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.