Louisville, KY asked in Health Care Law for Kentucky

Q: I was wondering if this scenario is a case for any kind of a healthcare law lawsuit.

In October 2023 I saw a pain specialist in Kentucky once and they informed me that a previous pain management specialist administered a Caudal shot injection incorrectly. I spoke to lawyers for advice on how to proceed in this situation and told the new pain management specialist about this in the patient portal. When that happened I was pretty much discharged as a patient and was unable to access my patient portal with that office/the office's website. I called them up and they confirmed that because I am no longer a patient/was discharged that I no longer have access to the patient portal/my information on the patient portal. Aside from the fact that I see another new pain management specialist I was wondering if this is grounds for a lawsuit or no or what I should do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Kentucky attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. Before involving attorneys, you could first look into what the difficulty in obtaining the records is being caused by. Such records portals are sometimes administered by third-party vendors that handle millions of patient charts - and they have to follow strict HIPAA guidelines. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.