Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Kentucky Health Care Law Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: Possible wrongful termination question. Terminated while on leave with Doctor’s note.

I was removed short term from work August 2019 due to surgery. After surgery I had complications still and the dr felt I needed to be seen by another surgeon of his choice for a second opinion. The surgeon filled the required paperwork out and sent it to my short term disability company. They... Read more »

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer answered on Jan 22, 2020

More information is needed to determine if you should have been eligible for job protection under the Family Medical Leave Act or eligible for an accommodation in the form of continued medical leave under the Americans with Disabilities Act. You should contact an employment attorney to discuss... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Employment Discrimination and Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: I fear that the dentist I work for is trying to have me fired and may go after my license. What recourse do I have?

I work for a corporate dental practice and the new office I transferred to has not been welcoming and the dentist has been very rude to me and has been trying to make me very uncomfortable so that I will quit. None of this has been overtly done but very passive aggressive. Now he has amplified by... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Nov 9, 2019

Document everything they do/you do. Follow all rules and guidelines implicitly and don’t cut corners. They don’t need a reason to fire you as KY is an employment at will state. If they’re going to fire you, nothing you can do to prevent it beforehand but consult an attorney immediatelt... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Criminal Law and Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: How can I make my doctors office amend my medical chart?

I have repeatedly asked for an incorrect diagnosis to be corrected in my chart and the doctors office is ignoring me. I even filed a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights and the doctors office has still not responded to me. Can I get a court order or get an attorney help me and possibly get... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Aug 5, 2019

You’ll need an attorney to help you bc you will probably have to file suit. It is doubtful that you will get them to pay your attorney fees.

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law and Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: A hospital over charged me for lab work and won't send a refund or return my calls. What can I do?

I was given the option to pay for lab work at the time of service on two occasions. The hospital employee told me she would calculate my portion of the bill based on my insurance provider. She did not account for the significant discount agreement between the hospital and my insurance company, and... Read more »

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison answered on Jul 18, 2019

Sue them in small claims court.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Kentucky on
Q: What is the latest date a party can submit a motion in limine?

A case is going to trial in less than three weeks, and one party filed many motions in limine after the judge's calendar deadline. Is this allowed under CR 16, and is there an argument to be made that the other party is trying to waste the replying parties time? Any case law or direction would be... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on Jul 21, 2017

Why not ask your lawyer? Short answer is that you can respond that the motions are untimely filed, do not comply with the rules, and should be stricken. That being said be prepeared to respond to what the motions say as a judge may decide to consider them nonetheless.

1 Answer | Asked in Health Care Law for Kentucky on
Q: Can an adult be forced to a mental hospital?

What laws protect the individual from being forced to a mental hospital?

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Nov 6, 2015

Yes. It depends upon the facts. It usually requires a determination of compentency.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.