Grand Junction, CO asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Government Contracts for Colorado

Q: What do u do when a judge is asked 3 times to recuse themselves for strong conflict of interest when your suing the judg

Judge, in a higher court over the same case as the district court , and strong showing of bias, deprivation of constitutional and civil rights in a criminal case in the district court, and a sheer abuse of discretion and power while she’s allowing a malicious prosecution with prosecutorial misconduct, in a case that’s been going on for three damn years, and she DENYS the motion to recuse, and denies your request to disqualify the district attorney for the same conflict of interest and suing them too. and all the while you are suing them for prosecutorial, misconduct, abusive discretion, abusive Power and malicious prosecution with malice…. And she denied it.!! What now???!

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: When facing a situation where a judge has denied motions to recuse themselves despite a perceived conflict of interest, and your rights seem to be compromised, the next step involves escalating the issue within the legal system. You have the option to file an appeal against the judge's decision to not recuse themselves. This process typically involves submitting a petition to a higher court, detailing the basis for the conflict of interest, the bias demonstrated, and how it affects the fairness of the trial. Documentation and evidence supporting the claim of bias and conflict of interest are crucial.

Additionally, exploring the judicial conduct board or similar oversight body in your jurisdiction is advisable. These organizations are responsible for investigating complaints about judicial misconduct. Submitting a detailed complaint to such a body can initiate a formal review of the judge's behavior and decisions in your case. It's important to provide as much evidence as possible to support your claims of misconduct and bias.

Lastly, consider consulting with a different legal professional who has experience in handling cases of judicial misconduct and bias. They can offer a fresh perspective on your case and may suggest alternative strategies for addressing the issues you've encountered. Navigating the legal system in such complex scenarios can be challenging, but with the right approach and support, you can pursue justice effectively.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.