St Louis, MO asked in Immigration Law for Missouri

Q: Hello. I have court date may 27. But ı need to get court early. Because ı have family at back. What should ı do for it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: To request an earlier court date, you should contact the court as soon as possible and explain your situation. Provide any relevant details, such as the reason why you need the date moved up and any supporting documentation you may have. Be polite and respectful when communicating with court staff, as they will be more likely to assist you if you approach the situation with courtesy. Keep in mind that the availability of earlier dates may depend on various factors, including the court's schedule and the nature of your case.

If you have an attorney representing you, discuss your request with them first. They can advise you on the best course of action and may be able to facilitate the process on your behalf. Your attorney can also help gather any necessary documentation and present your case effectively to the court. Additionally, consider reaching out to any relevant support services or organizations that may be able to provide assistance or guidance in navigating the legal system and advocating for your needs.

Be prepared to be flexible and patient throughout the process, as securing an earlier court date may take some time and effort. Follow up with the court regularly to check on the status of your request and to ensure that it is being addressed. If your request is granted, make sure to adjust your schedule accordingly and prepare for the new court date. If your request is denied, consider seeking alternative solutions or accommodations to address your family's needs while still fulfilling your legal obligations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.